Development, Cape Town, SA
We are looking for a developer to join our development team in Cape Town, to apply their expertise on a sophisticated fund performance measurement system.
You’ll be working on our cloud-based application written primarily in Ruby on Rails using Bootstrap, JQuery and HighCharts, running on a modern web stack.
You need to be a committed and flexible individual who enjoys working with an experienced team on a product that is complex both technically and functionally, and who can exercise sound judgement when faced with functional and technical decisions.
Experience in developing web applications using modern technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap and Rails, with graphical data visualizations is a bonus.
We offer training to help you continuously improve your skills both technically and functionally.
The development environment is predominately Linux based, with source code on GitHub and using applications such as CodeClimate, HoneyBadger, TeamCity, NewRelic, Datadog, Jira, Confluence, and using continuous integration and automated deployments to several AWS environments.
- Work closely developing application with Product Management
- Participate in functional and user-interface design discussions
- Develop code to technical specification and coding standards
- Own your schedule; provide estimates of development effort and progress updates to the System Architect
- Resolve issues logged by clients or client services consultants
- International financial analytics software vendor
- Based in prime V&A Waterfront Cape Town offices
- Cutting edge technologies
- Cloud based development
- Small autonomous team
- Highly focused and eager to collaborate
- Linux or Mac
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Amazon Web Services — EC2 — S3 — SES — ElastiCache — IAM — VPC — EBS — CloudWatch — CloudTrail
- Git, GitHub
- Markdown, Confluence (wiki)
- Jira (issue tracking)
- Continuous integration (TeamCity)
- Continuous deployment (Chef)
To show us why you should join our Development team, contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to doing amazing things together.
- Implementing and acting in accordance with StatPro’s and client’s information security policies and IT procedures.
- Reporting security events, potential events or other security risks.
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
StatPro makes all employment decisions, including those related to hiring, firing, training, promotion, pay and benefits, without regard to gender, race, color, age, political opinion/affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, religion/faith or lack thereof, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical/mental disability, military/veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.