Nature & Scope
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the sales team responsible for the development of new business and management of a portfolio of clients. The key focus of the role will be selling StatPro’ s Portfolio Analytics Solutions (Performance, Risk, GIPs) to the Asset management industry.
With strong communication skills and strategic thinking the Business Development Manager will build key relationships across a broad spectrum of fund management companies by understanding a variety of investment strategies and business requirements then synergising with the value of appropriate services StatPro can offer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Maintaining and developing strong B2B relationships with client base
- Understanding client requirements and demonstrating the value add StatPro’s services can provide
- Generating new leads through identifying and calling prospects, marketing campaigns and utilisation of any other relevant communication channels
- Responding to incoming enquiries
- Be able to effectively communicate with Heads of Performance and Risk and other senior stake holders
- Acting as the reference point between StatPro and its existing clients and prospects
- Gathering of market and customer intelligence
- Navigating the full sales process from lead generation, product presentation, contract negotiation, objection handling and signature
- Coordination of additional required resources to ensure the best possible chance of closing the deal
- Recording all sales activity within the dedicated CRM system
- Recording and maintaining an up to date opportunity pipeline within the dedicated CRM system
- Providing prospective clients clear and accurate service cost quotations
- Attending team and inter-departmental meetings to share best practice and represent the clients’ requirements
Key Role Attributes
- Strong academic record
- Good knowledge of Performance Attribution, Risk, GIPs and the Buyside
- Proven Track Record of selling Portfolio Analytics solutions
- CFA or studying towards
- Degree 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- Min of 5 years’ experience within or associated to the fund management industry
- Responsibility for maintaining B2B relationships
- Experience in managing or assisting the sales process
- Strong and adaptive literacy skills
- Able to build strong and lasting relationships with a varied and diverse client base
- Ability to identify opportunities through asking leading questions and listening to client requirements
- Good organisational skills keeping CRM systems up-to-date with latest activity and opportunity developments
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and communicate client requirements coherently
- Perseverance and dedication to delivering the key business requirements
- Motivation to excel and exceed expectations
- Strong financial and commercial awareness
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritise key deliverables and balance a fluctuating workload
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- A good understanding of the fund management industry
- A passion for the financial industry
- Reliable, committed and organised with the ability to handle change easily
- Confident, self-aware, outgoing and empathetic
- Private Health Scheme
- Life assurance, income protection, personal accident and critical illness insurance
- 5 weeks holiday
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Payment of subscription for professional bodies
To show us why you should join our Sales team, contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to doing amazing things together.
- Implementing and acting in accordance with StatPro’s and client’s information security policies and IT procedures.
- Reporting security events, potential events or other security risks.
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
StatPro makes all employment decisions, including those related to hiring, firing, training, promotion, pay and benefits, without regard to gender, race, color, age, political opinion/affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, religion/faith or lack thereof, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical/mental disability, military/veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.