11th May 2017 from 08:30 - 12:00 , London, EC1V 1JH
The event will be lead by Chairman of the GIPS® Executive Committee, Carl Bacon. We will be discussing the upcoming GIPS® 20/20 update as well as how you can achieve compliance with StatPro’s web-based composites solution, StatPro Composites.
GIPS® are a globally accepted methodology for calculating and presenting firms performance history. The standard is therefore widely relied upon by investment firms, as well as their clients and prospects, who need to be assured of the consistency of a firm’s results.
The event will discuss:
- Why GIPS® has been successful leading up to the 20/20 update of the standards
- How GIPS® has been successful, what asset managers would like to see come from the update and what impact it is going to have
- What you need to know about the upcoming update and what changes this will have on the industry
Register your interest.
StatPro Composites allows’ firms to achieve compliance with current and future global investment performance standards with our web-based solution. Our solution has supported over 1000 GIPS® compliance verifications globally and we have been able to instill investor confidence for global asset managers since 1996.
Carl Bacon CIPM, Chairman of the GIPS® Executive Committee & Non-Executive Chairman at StatPro
Carl Bacon CIPM is a member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Performance Measurement and a founding member of both the Investment Performance Council and GIPS®. Carl joined StatPro Group plc as a Chairman in 2000 and prior to joining he was a Director of Risk Control and Performance at Foreign Colonial Management Ltd, Vice President Head of Performance (Europe) for J.P Morgan Investment Management Inc., and Head of Performance for Royal Insurance Asset Management.
Carl is also a member of the Advisory Board of Performance measurement, a founder member of both the Investment Performance Council and GIPS® and Chair of the GIPS® Executive Committee.
He is also the author of the following publications:
- ”Practical Portfolio Performance Measurement & Attribution”, part of the Wiley Finance Series
- ”Practical Risk-adjusted Performance Measurement”
- Editor of “Advanced Portfolio Attribution Analysis”
- Hans Groetsch, Product Manager Composites, StatPro
- Rob Lynch, Head of Results Analysis Team, Capital Group
- Simon Richardson, Head of Performance, M&G Investments