Development Team, Cape Town, SA
Infovest, a subsidiary of the StatPro Group, based in Cape Town, is an innovative IT company servicing the investment management industry with specific focus on Investment Data Management, reporting and investment compliance.
We are looking for an application developer to join our team and work on our flagship product – Infostore.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop application according to specification
- Identify levels of risk from technical design
- Effective communication of designs
- Actively participate in scrum meetings (grooming, planning, retrospectives and stand-ups)
- Create reusable code / libraries with high-level of maintainability and test-ability
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions
- Assist testers with troubleshooting activities
- Fixing bugs
We are looking for a confident, analytical thinker with the following skills:
- C# (.NET 4.5 +)
- Strong SQL Server –including understanding of query plans and optimisations
- Object Oriented Programming
- Unit and integration testing
- Design principles of scalable applications
- Code versioning principles
- Continuous Integration principles
- Database design principles
- DevExpress component libraries
- Entity Framework
- Experience with ‘Best Practice’ for High Cohesion/Loose coupling and automated-testable designs
- Concurrency patterns
- Data Warehousing principles
- A Computer science / Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree
Statpro as An Employer
- We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society
- We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths.
- We acknowledges the vital role that all employees play in our success through their skills, initiative and commitment.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
StatPro South Africa shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of applicants and for the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) read together with the Protection of Personal Information Act 2014 (“POPIA”). PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2000-002.pdf.