IT, Cape Town, SA
We are recruiting for an IT Support Specialist to join an IT centric, forward thinking organization in a busy, expanding IT department. This role is based in our Cape Town office.
This position will be focused on providing end user support of staff in both the Cape Town office and the wider EMEA region.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of IT, you will be working primarily with Microsoft technologies to provide cutting edge solutions to an international Analytics company.
You will be picking up helpdesk tickets and aiding with on-going support of our hosted clients and internal staff. You will be expected to have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. This is an ideal role for someone seeking technical experience in financial services.
The Ideal Candidate would demonstrate the following attributes:
- A positive customer service attitude
- A true passion for technology
- The ability and ongoing desire to learn new skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Team player, self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working with IT and other departments to understand client requirements
- Liaising with clients during the support process
- Monitoring helpdesk tickets and responding to them in a timely manner
- Responding to alerts generated by automated monitoring systems
- Supporting and troubleshooting servers’ issues, internal staff workstations, phones, and mobile devices
- Reporting into the Deputy Head of IT and Senior Support Specialists for prioritization of tasks and projects.
This is a hands-on technical position and the candidate would ideally have;
- Excellent troubleshooting track record
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office platforms
- Working knowledge of networking (IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory account management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience supporting enterprise technologies such as VMware, NetApp storage, Cisco switches
- Experience with or knowledge of SOC-1 or ISO27001, Policies, Procedures and practices
- Experience with backup management practices
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Mac OS
- The ability to work evenings and weekends for project implementations and emergency support
- Participation in on-call rotation
Statpro as An Employer
- We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society
- We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths.
- We acknowledges the vital role that all employees play in our success through their skills, initiative and commitment.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
StatPro South Africa shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of applicants and for the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) read together with the Protection of Personal Information Act 2014 (“POPIA”). PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2000-002.pdf.