Senior Software Engineer (full-stack), with proven experience in DevOps transformation-centric roles. Must be an effective self-manager, and able to proactively coordinate work within a team of experienced software engineers. Exceptional communication skills and experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) are required.
The role is focussed on working with a multi-site team of experienced software engineers to deliver a green-field cloud risk platform. A key focus will be on driving delivery optimisation through the application of DevOps principles and best practices, covering both the technical and cultural aspects that this entails.
International travel may be required.
- Develop tools and services such as monitoring, deployment & configuration of AWS resources, using tools including Terraform / Chef and appropriate scripting languages
- Assist engineers / testers / app support roles to integrate and improve application delivery processes
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Help to consult on a wider organisational DevOps transformation
For consideration, the candidate must have demonstrable experience with the following:
- AWS cloud architecture and deployment (SA certification a bonus)
- Infrastructure and Configuration as code using Terraform / Chef / Scripting targeting AWS
- Monitoring and telemetry in the cloud
- Maintaining and optimising Continuous Integration & Deployment processes using TeamCity / OctopusDeploy
- Containerisation using Docker / AWS ECS
- Good understanding of development with .NET Core / Python, optimisation of compilation and dependency management
- Financial services background
- Python experience