StatPro Group, a UK listed global provider of solutions for the investment industry, has recently purchased the award-winning “Delta” risk system from UBS. This system joins other StatPro risk models to provide extremely deep and broad risk solutions to a diverse client base.
We are now seeking a motivated and service-oriented individual to join our team based in Sydney. The Market Risk Pre-Sales Specialist will have a specific focus on selected segments within the investor community in Australia, as well as providing broad support to clients within the APAC region.
You will provide risk management expertise during the pre-sales process and take ownership of the technical aspects of the sales cycle. This may include assisting prospects and clients with Proof of Concept validation exercises, trials, and various Pre-Sales exercises that require significant effort and execution. Additionally, you will have a role in growing existing client relationships. This role is highly visible working on large accounts / strategic opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the Delta system in depth; become a product expert with strong domain knowledge.
- Gain a broad knowledge of other StatPro Risk and Performance solutions.
- Along with the Delta sales team, conduct presentations, demonstrations, support trials and respond to RFPs.
- Define client business needs, provide topical use cases, and assist formulate sales strategies.
- Cooperate with Product Management and Development teams to improve systems.
- Operate as a senior level of support for clients, helping the Client Service team interpret the business needs of clients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (cont.)
- Own existing client relationships from an analytical and technical perspective.
- Periodic client visits for Account Reviews across the region, with the aim to present new system developments, explore upsell opportunities and understand the evolution of client needs.
- Detailed-oriented and meticulous project management during the pre-sales process, including the ability to anticipate and resolve issues (both internally and externally).
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap.
- Regular travel to client sites within the coverage region.
- Sales team.
- Clients and Prospective clients.
- Client Service team.
- Development and Product Management Teams.
Required Personal Attributes
- Positive personality, empathic, optimistic, ambitious.
- Ability to build strong personal relationships.
- Team player.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects under with deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Personal resilience and ability to respond positively to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Technical Attributes
- Capacity to understand in-depth, the business needs of our clients: asset managers, asset owners (pension funds, insurers, sovereign wealth funds), banks/broker-dealers, hedge funds, central banks, custodians and investment consultants.
- Proven expertise in Risk and Fixed Income, some Equities/Multi-Asset class experience desirable, but not required. If not accompanied by trading experience, it is required to have a strong interest in quantitative aspects.
- Familiarity with technology. Desirable, but not required is experience in using/implementing risk / position-keeping systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of asset portfolio performance measurement is desirable, but not required.
Ideal CV Backgrounds
- Experience of Quantitative Risk Management.
- Trading (buy or sell side) and/or Portfolio Management experiences in credit and/or fixed income/ALM.
- Experience at a competitor MSCI (Barra/RiskMetrics), Factset, Axioma, BlackRock Solutions (Aladdin), SunGard, Russell Yield Book, Bloomberg Point/Port/Mars, etc.
- CFA/FRM or MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to travel for business (occasional).
- Ability to attend Europe business a.m. conference calls (currently fortnightly).
- Ability to attend UK office for training.
- Leave Entitlements
- Five weeks paid holiday per calendar year, in addition to bank and public holidays.
- Ten days paid sick leave per calendar year.
- Thirteen weeks long service leave, after completing ten years of continuous service with the business.
- Health Insurance subsidy.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Payment of subscriptions for professional bodies.